The Lamon House is a Greek Revival Cottage built in 1850 by Joseph and Melissa Beckwith Lamon. The Lamon House is believed to be the oldest frame house in the Danville Area. Joseph was the cousin of Ward Hill Lamon, Lincoln’s law partner and bodyguard.
Melissa was the daughter of Dan Beckwith, who Danville was named for. The home originally stood near downtown Danville on North Street, but was moved to its present location in Lincoln Park and was completely restored in the early 1980s. The house is open Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 (May thru October) or by appointment.